UPSC IB DCIO DPA 2020 Notification: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official advertisement for the recruitment of Deputy Central Intelligence Officer & Data Processing Assistant Posts on December 28, 2019. This year The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) recruitment exam 2020 will be conducted for 29 vacancies through general recruitment. Candidates can fill the application form of The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) from December 28, 2019 to January 16, 2020.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services.While Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India. The commission is headquartered at Dholpur House, in New Delhi and functions through its own secretariat.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, it was later reconstituted as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935; only to be renamed as today’s The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) after the independence.
UPSC IB DCIO DPA 2020 Important Dates:
- Date of Release of Notification: 28 December 2019
- Start Date for Submission of Online Application: 28 December 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 16 January 2020 at 11.59 PM
- Last Date for Printing of Completely Submitted Online Application: 17 January 2020 at 11.59 PM
UPSC IB DCIO DPA 2020 Vacancy Details:
Name of the Posts: No. of Posts
- Deputy Central Intelligence Officer (DCIO): 27 Posts
- Data Processing Assistant (DPA) – 02 Posts
UPSC IB DCIO DPA 2020 Educational Qualification:
• Deputy Central Intelligence Officer (DCIO) – (Vacancy No.19121802628) Twenty seven Deputy Central Intelligence Officer (Technical), Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs (SC-04, ST-01, OBC- 09, EWS-03, UR-10). The posts are permanent. Pay Scale: Level-10 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC. General Central Services Group ‘A’ Gazetted, Non- Ministerial. Age: 35 years. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATIONAL: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E. or B. Tech.) or B.Sc. (Engg.) awarded by a recognized University in the fields of Electronics or Electronics and Communication or Electronics and Telecommunication or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Computer Technology or Computer Science and Engineering or Information Technology or Software Engineering or Associate Membership of Institute of Engineers (AMIE) in Electronics and Communications Engineering or Graduate Ship awarded by Associate Membership of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers (AMIETE) in Electronics and Telecommunication
Engineering or Master of Science in Physics with Electronics or Telecommunication or Master of Computer Applications (MCA) after three years Bachelor of Science in Physics or Master of Science (Information Technology)or Master of Science (Computer Science)or Master of Science(Software) from a
recognized University. NOTE-I: The qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified. NOTE-II: The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, if, at any stage of selection, the Union Public Service Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available for the posts reserved for them. DUTIES: (I) Supervision of operation and maintenance of Communication network/equipments. (II) Maintenance & operation of Cyber Security/forensics equipment. (III) R&D work, mainly dealing with electronics and telecommunication.
(IV) To undertake and supervise the operational work assigned. Supervision of maintenance and operation of audio, video and CCTV equipments. HQ: New Delhi. Any Other Conditions: The post carries All India Transfer Liability.
• Data Processing Assistant (DPA) – (Vacancy No.19121801628) Two Data Processing Assistant, National Crime Records Bureau, Department of Women Safety, Ministry of Home Affairs (UR-02). The posts are suitable for Physically Challenged person viz. Deaf and Hard of Hearing/ Locomotor Disability including Cerebral Palsy/ Leprosy Cured/ Dwarfism/ Acid Attack Victims/ Muscular Dystrophy with disability i.e. Deaf (D) or Hard of Hearing (HH), Both legs affected but not arms (BL), One leg affected (R or L) (OL). The posts are permanent. Pay Scale: Level-7 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC. General Central Services Group ‘B’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial. Age: 30 years. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATIONAL: Master’s Degree in Computer Applications /Information Technology /Computer Science of a recognized University/Institute OR B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Engineering/Computer
Science/Computer Technology/Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology from a recognized University/Institute. *The degree obtained through distance education mode should be in accordance with the territorial jurisdiction policy of UGC. NOTE-: The qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified. DUTIES: (I) Procurement maintenance and upkeep of hardware including software development and maintenance of Crime Criminal Applications. (II) Customization of Crime Criminal Application and preparation of study material, conducting training. (III) Implementation of systems and security and assistance in administration of Data Centre and Networks. HQ: New Delhi and anywhere in India.
UPSC IB DCIO DPA 2020 Age Limit:
- Deputy Central Intelligence Officer (DCIO): 35 years
- Data Processing Assistant (DPA) – 30 years
- Note: Age Relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per the Government Norms.
UPSC IB DCIO DPA 2020 Selection Procedure:
The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the Interview being organized by the selection body.
- For General / OBC– Rs.25/-
- No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates of any community. No “fee exemption” is available to OBC male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
- Mode of Payment: Online
Deputy Central Intelligence Officer (DCIO): Level- 10 Basic Pay (56100/-)
Data Processing Assistant (DPA): Level- 7 Basic Pay (44900/-)
How to Apply for UPSC DCIO and DPA Recruitment 2020
The eligible candidates can apply online to the post through the official UPSC Website. The last date for online application is 16 January 2020 at 11.59 PM.