SEBI Officers Recruitment 2018: Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), is a statutory regulatory body established by an Act of Parliament, to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market. SEBI invites applications from Indian citizens for the post of Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) for the General Stream, Legal Stream, Information Technology Stream and Engineering Stream. SEBI reserves the right to fill up the posts or not to fill up the posts at all.
BE/BTECH (ALL BRANCHES) CANDIDATES ARE ELIGIBLE.
SEBI Officers Recruitment 2018 Important Dates:
Detailed Notification- 15/09/2018
Online Application Starting Date- 15/09/2018
Age as on 31 August 2018 (30 Years): The candidate must have been born on or after September 01, 1988. Relaxation in age limits will be given as per applicable rules.
SEBI Officers Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern:
Mode of Selection: Selection will be carried out in three phases. Phase I will be an on-line examination consisting of Multiple Choice Questions on General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Test of Reasoning and Awareness of Securities Market. Candidates shortlisted in Phase I will appear for Phase II, which will also be an on-line examination consisting of three papers. Candidates shortlisted in Phase II will be called for an Interview. SEBI reserves the right to modify the selection procedure, if deemed fit.
Free e-Book (Securities Market)⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
1. Indian Financial system – introduction – structure – finance commission – financial administration – receipts of the Government – Expenditures of the Government.
2. Capital markets – primary market – instruments – legal issues and regulations – secondary market – stock exchanges – brokers – trading in stock exchanges – forward trading – stock index – depositories – regulations
3. Bond Market- Money market, G.sec Market, Corporate bond market, Bond valuation, Duration, sensitivity, risk
4. Foreign Exchange market – exchange control – fixation of exchange rate – exchange control in India – FEMA – foreign exchange transactions of commercial banks in India – currency convertibility – currency forwards, futures and options – trading in foreign exchange market – relationship between money market and foreign exchange market..
5. Commodity market, commodity trading and exchanges
6. International capital markets – instruments – Guidelines – foreign investment in India and its regulations.
1. Relationship between Company Law and securities law
2. Basic concepts related to securities law, like capital, public offer and securities
3. Historical Background of securities law
4. SEBI as a Market regulator, Powers and Functions of SEBI, Quasi legislative powers, executive powers and quasi-judicial powers
5. Regulating the intermediaries and Stock exchanges, Meaning and Type of securities, Securities Contract, Corporatization, Demutualization and regulation of stock exchange, Listing Agreement, Dematerlisation and Rematerlisation
6. Rights and duties of Depository (NSDL AND CSDL) , Depository Participant, Issuer and beneficiary
7. Unpublished Price Sensitive Information(UPSI) , Insider as connected person, Insider as the person having access to UPSI, Trading on the basis of UPSI
8. Mergers Amalgamation and takeovers, Types and legal processes during takeover, Substantial Acquisitions, Exemptions by law, Exemption BY SEBI
9. Public offer and disclosure requirements
10. Unfair Trade Practices in the securities market, Securities Market offences, Prohibition of Insider Trading
11. SEBI ICDR Regulations
12. Public Offer requirements
13. Role of SEBI as a Regulator
14. Securities Appellate Tribunal
15. Role of Courts in enforcing securities regulations
SEBI Officers Recruitment 2018 Salary:
The incumbent will be on a scale of pay of Officer Grade A in the scale of Rs. 28150-1550(4)-34350 1750(7)-46600-EB-1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600 (17 years).
Presently, the gross emolument including Board Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. Rs. 92,000/- per month without accommodation and Rs. 62,000/- per month with accommodation.
Accommodation & Posting: Residential accommodation shall be provided subject to availability. The Officers may be posted and transferred to any location in India where SEBI has its Offices. The officers may be posted to any department of SEBI, irrespective of stream.
Examination Centres: The on-line examinations and interviews will be held in various cities across India.
Application Fee (Non-refundable): Rs. 850/- as application fee cum intimation charges for Unreserved and OBC (NCL) category and Rs. 100/- as intimation charges for SC/ ST/ PwBD candidates.
Important Books for SEBI Exam
Indian Financial Management- Click Here
Capital Markets & Securities Law- Click Here
An Introduction to Bond Markets (Securities Institute)- Click Here
Financial Markets and Institutions- Click Here
Securities Markets Foundation- Click Here