RSMSSB Junior Engineer Syllabus: Rajasthan Subordinate & Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB) has released the detailed advertisement for the recruitment of Junior Engineer on 3 March 2020. This year Rajasthan Subordinate & Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB) recruitment exam 2020 will be conducted for 1098 vacancies through general recruitment. Candidates can fill the application form of Rajasthan Subordinate & Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB) from March 04, 2020 to April 02, 2020. Here in this article we are sharing RSMSSB Junior Engineer Syllabus. You Can download RSMSSB detailed syllabus from the link given below.
RSMSSB Junior Engineer Syllabus- Diploma (Mechanical Engineering)
1. Engineering Mechanics: Static Mechanics, Resolution of force, Moment, Equilibrium, Friction, Centroid and Moment of Inertia, Dynamics, Simple Machines.
2. Strength of Material: Simple stress & strain, Thin Cylinder and spherical shell under internal pressure, Two dimensional stress systems, Bending moment & shear force, Theory of simple bending, combined direct & bending stresses, Torsion.
3. Engineering Material: Engineering materials and their properties, Ferrous Materials and alloys, Iron-Carbon system, Crystal imperfections, Heat Treatment, Non-ferrous alloys, Bearing Material, Spring Materials, Polymers, Composites and Ceramics, Surface preparation and Industrial painting.
4. Thermal Engineering : Thermodynamics Concepts and terminology, Energy and Work Transfer, Laws of Thermodynamics, Working Substances, Properties of gases, Ideal Gases and real gases, IC engine, Gas power cycle, Fuels and combustions.
5. Production Technology: Metal Forming Processes, Welding, Casting, Powder Metallurgy, Press Work, Jigs and fixtures.
6. Theory of Machine: Simple mechanism, Friction, Power Transmission, Governors and Flywheel, Balancing of Machine, Vibration of machine parts.
7. Manufacturing Technology: Tool Materials, Cutting Tools, Lathe Machine, Shaper, Planning Machine, Milling Machine, Slotter, Grinding, Internal Machining Operations (Drilling, Boring, Broaching), Surface finish, lapping.
8. Thermal Engineering II: Properties of Vapour and Vapour Power Cycles, Steam Generators, Steam Turbines, Gas Power Cycles, Fuels and Combustion, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration Cycles, Air Compressors.
9. Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Machines: Properties of Fluid, Fluid Pressure and its measurements, Hydrostatics, Fluid Flow, Flow through pipe, Impact of jets, Hydraulic turbines, Hydraulic Pumps.
10. Environmental Studies: Renewable and non renewable resources, ECO Systems, Biodiversity, Environmental Pollution, Disaster Management, Social Issues and the Environment, Sustainable development, Water conservation, Rain water harvesting.
11. Machine Design: Design of fastening elements, Design of shafts and keys, Design of belt drivers and pulleys, Design of closed coil helical spring and leaf spring.
12. Industrial Engineering and Quality Control: Plant location and Layout, Operations Research, Inventory Control, Plant maintenance, Inspection and Quality Control, Contemporary Quality Management concepts.
13. Automobile Engineering: Automobiles: Definition, need and classification, Layout of automobile chassis with major components, Transmission system, Braking system, Auto electric system, Suspension System, Cooling and Lubrication, Fuel and Ignition system.
RSMSSB Junior Engineer Syllabus- Diploma (Electrical Engineering)
1. Basic concepts: Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them. Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
2. Circuit law: Kirchhoff’s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
3. Magnetic Circuit: Concepts of flux, mmf, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc. , Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction.
4. AC Fundamentals: Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal wave form, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit. Poly Phase system — star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-L and R-C circuit.
5. Measurement and measuring instruments: Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phases, both active and re-active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement, Measurement of frequency and phase angle, Ammeter and voltmeter (both moving oil and moving iron type), extension of range wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges, Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses, Earth Fault detection.
6. Electrical Machines:
(a) D.C. Machine — Construction, Basic Principles of D.C. motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of D.C. Motors. Method of braking motor, Losses and efficiency of D.C. Machines.
(b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers — Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, O.C. and S.C. Tests, Losses and efficiency. Effect of voltage, frequency and wave form on losses. Parallel operation of 1 phase /3 phase transformers. Auto transformers.
(c) 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque-speed characteristics, starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors. Methods of braking, effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque speed characteristics. Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors: Characteristics and applications.
7. Synchronous Machines: Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, control of active and reactive power, Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
8. Generation, Transmission and Distribution: Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, interconnection of power stations. Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults, Switchgears — rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, H.R.C. Fuses, Protection against earth leakage/ over current, etc. Buchholtz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars., Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution system, comparison of conductor materials, efficiency of different system. Cable — Different type of cables, cable rating and derating factor.
9. Estimation and costing: Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules, Earthing practices and lE Rules.
10. Utilization of Electrical Energy: Illumination, Electric heating, Electric welding, Electroplating, Electric drives and motors.
11. Basic Electronics: Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT and JFET., Simple circuits using these devices.
12. Electrical Engineering Materials: Conducting materials, semi conducting materials, Insulating materials, dielectric materials, materials for special purpose.
13. Instrumentation And Control: Sensor & transducer, oscilloscope, measurement on non-electric quantities, control system, servo mechanism, mathematical model of physical system, servo motor, block diagram of control system, stability of control system.
14. Power Electronic & Drives: Thyristor, Firing ckt of thyristor, Phase controlled rectifier, inverter, chopper, cycloconverter, power semiconductor devices, thyristor application, AC & DC drives
RSMSSB Junior Engineer Syllabus- Degree (Civil Engineering)
Engineering Mechanics: Force (resolution of force, moment of force, force system, composition of forces), Equilibrium, Friction, Centroid and Center of gravity, Simple machines.
Building Construction: Building components (substructure, superstructure), type of structure (load bearing, framed and composite structures).
Building Materials: Masonry materials (stones, bricks, and mortars), Timber and miscellaneous materials (glass, plastic, fiber, aluminum steel, galvanized iron, bitumen, PVC, CPVC, and PPF).
Construction of substructure: job layout, earthwork, foundation (types, dewatering, coffer dams, bearing capacity).
Construction of superstructure– stone masonry, brick masonry, Hollow concrete block masonry, composite masonry, cavity wall, doors and windows, vertical communication (stairs, lifts, escalators), scaffolding and shoring.
Building Finishes- Floors (finishes, process of laying), walls (plastering, pointing, painting) and roofs (roofing materials including RCC).
Building Maintenance– Cracks (causes, type, repairs- grouting, guniting, epoxy etc.), settlement (causes and remedial measures), and re-baring techniques.
Building Drawing: Conventions (type of lines, symbols), planning of building (principles of planning for residential and public buildings, rules and byelaws), drawings (plan, elevation, section, site plan, location plan, foundation plan, working drawing), perspective drawing.
Concrete Technology: Properties of various types/grades of cement, properties of coarse and fine aggregates, properties of concrete (water cement ratio, properties of fresh and hardened concrete), Concrete mix design, testing of concrete, quality control of concrete (batching, formwork, transportation, placing, compaction, curing, waterproofing), extreme weather concreting and chemical admixtures, properties of special concrete (ready mix, RCC, pre-stressed, fiber reinforced, precast, high performance).
Surveying: Types of survey, chain and cross staff survey (principle, ranging, triangulation, chaining, errors, finding area), compass survey (principle, bearing of line, prismatic compass, traversing, local attraction, calculation of bearings, angles and local attraction) leveling (dumpy level, recording in level book, temporary adjustment, methods of reduction of levels, classification of leveling, tilting level, auto level, sources of errors, precautions and difficulties in leveling), contouring (contour interval, characteristics, method of locating, interpolation, establishing grade contours, uses of contour maps), area and volume measurements, plane table survey (principles, setting, method), theodolite survey (components, adjustments, measurements, traversing), Tacheometric survey, curves (types, setting out), advanced survey equipment, aerial survey and remote sensing.
Computer Aided Design: CAD Software (AutoCAD, Auto Civil, 3D Max etc.), CAD commands, generation of plan, elevation, section, site plan, area statement, 3D view.
Geo Technical Engineering: Application of Geo Technical Engineering in design of foundation, pavement, earth retaining structures, earthen dams etc., physical properties of soil, permeability of soil and seepage analysis, shear strength of soil, bearing capacity of soil, compaction and stabilization of soil, site investigation and sub soil exploration.
Hydraulics: properties of fluid, hydrostatic pressure, measurement of liquid pressure in pipes, fundamentals of fluid flow, flow of liquid through pipes, flow through open channel, flow measuring devices, hydraulic machines.
Irrigation Engineering: Hydrology, investigation and reservoir planning, percolation tanks, diversion head works.
Mechanics of Structures: Stress and strain, shear force and bending moment, moment of inertia, stresses in beams, analysis of trusses, strain energy.
Theory of structures: Direct and bending stresses, slope and deflection, fixed beam, continuous beam, moment distribution method, columns.
Design of Concrete Structures: Working Stress method, Limit State method, analysis and design of singly reinforced and doubly reinforced sections, shear, bond and development length, analysis and design of T Beam, slab, axially loaded column and footings.
Design of Steel Structures: Types of sections, grades of steel, strength characteristics, IS Code, Connections, Design of tension and compression members, steel roof truss, beams, column bases.
Transportation Engineering: Railway Engineering (alignment and gauges, permanent way, railway track geometrics, branching of tracks, stations and yards, track maintenance), Bridge engineering (site selection, investigation, component parts of bridge, permanent and temporary bridges, inspection and maintenance), Tunnel engineering (classification, shape and sizes, tunnel investigation and surveying, method of tunneling in various strata, precautions, equipment, explosives, lining and ventilation).
Highway Engineering: Road Engineering, investigation for road project, geometric design of highways, construction of road pavements and materials, traffic engineering, hill roads, drainage of roads, maintenance and repair of roads.
Environmental Engineering: Environmental pollution and control, public water supply, domestic sewage, solid waste management, environmental sanitation, and plumbing.
Advanced Construction Techniques and Equipment: Fibers and plastics, artificial timber, advanced concreting methods (under water concreting, ready mix concrete, tremix concreting, special concretes), formwork, pre-fabricated construction, soil reinforcing techniques, hoisting and conveying equipment, earth moving machinery (exaction and compaction equipment), concrete mixers, stone crushers, pile driving equipment, working of hot mix bitumen plant, bitumen paver, floor polishing machines.
Estimating and Costing: Types of estimates (approximate, detailed), mode of measurements and rate analysis.
Contracts and Accounts: Types of engineering contracts, Tender and tender documents, payment, specifications.
RSMSSB Junior Engineer Syllabus- Degree (Mechanical Engineering)
Engineering Mechanics: Resolution of forces, Equilibrium and Equilibrant, parallelogram law of forces, triangle law of forces, polygon law of forces and Lami’s theorem, couple and moment of a couple, condition for equilibrium of rigid body subjected to number of coplanar non-concurrent forces, definition of static friction, dynamic friction, derivation of limiting angle of friction and angle of repose, resolution of forces considering friction when a body moves on horizontal plane and inclined plane, calculation of moment of inertia and radius of gyration of : (a) I-Section (b) channel section (c) T-Section (d) L-Section (Equal & unequal lengths) (e) Z-Section (f) Built up sections (simple cases only), Newton’s laws of motion (without derivation), motion of projectile, D’Alembert’s principle, definition law of conservation of energy, law of conservation of momentum.
Material Science: Mechanical properties of engineering materials – tensile strength, compressive strength, ductility, malleability, hardness, toughness, brittleness, impact strength, fatigue, creep resistance. Classification of steels, mild steel and alloy steels. Importance of heat treatment. Heat treatment processes – annealing, normalizing, hardening, tempering, carburizing, nitriding and cyaniding.
Strength of Materials : Stress, strain, stress strain diagram, factor of safety, thermal stresses, strain energy, proof resilience and modules of resilience. Shear force and bending moment diagram – cant leaver beam, simply supported beam, continuous beam, fixed beam. Torsion in shafts and springs, thin cylinder shells.
Machining : Working principle of lathe. Types of lathes – Engine lathe – construction details and specifications. Nomenclature of single point cutting tool, geometry, tool signature, functions of tool angles. General and special operations – (Turning, facing, taper turning thread cutting, knurling, forming, drilling, boring, reaming, key way cutting), cutting fluids, coolants and lubricants. Introduction to shaper, slotter, plainer, broaching, milling and manufacture of gears, heat treatment process applied to gears.
Welding : Welding – Introduction, classification of welding processes, advantages and limitations of welding, principles of arc welding, arc welding equipment, choice of electrodes for different metals, principle of gas (oxy-acetylene) welding, equipment of gas welding, welding procedures (arc & gas), soldering and brazing techniques, types and applications of solders and fluxes, various flame cutting processes, advantages and limitations of flame cutting, defects in welding, testing and inspection modern welding methods, (submerged, CO2, atomic – hydrogen, ultrasonic welding), brief description of MIG & TIG welding.
Grinding & Finishing Process: Principles of metal removal by grinding, abrasives, natural and artificial, bonds and binding processes, vitrified, silicate, shellac rubber, grinding machines, classification: cylindrical, surface, tool & cutter grinding machine, construction details, relative merits, principles of centreless grinding, advantages & limitations of centre less grinding work, holding devices, wheel maintenance, balancing of wheels, coolants used, finishing by grinding, honing, lapping, super finishing, electroplating, basic principles – plating metals, applications, hot dipping, galvanizing tin coating, parkerising, anodizing, metal spraying, wire process, powder process and applications, organic coatings, oil base paint, lacquer base enamels, bituminous paints, rubber base coating.
Metrology: Linear measurement – Slip gauges and dial indicators, angle measurements, bevel protractor, sine bar, angle slip gauges, comparators (a) mechanical (b) electrical (c) optical (d) pneumatic. Measurement of surface roughness; methods of measurements by comparison, tracer instruments and by interferometry, collimators, measuring microscope, interferometer, inspection of machine parts using the concepts of shadow projection and profile projection.
Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machinery: Properties of fluid, density, specific weight, specific gravity, viscosity, surface tension, compressibility capillarity, Pascal’s law, measurement of pressures, concept of buoyancy. Concept of Reynold’s number, pressure, potential and kinetic energy of liquids, total energy, laws of conservation, mass, energy and momentum, velocity of liquids and discharge, Bernoulli’s equation and assumptions, venturimeters, pitottube, current meters. Working principle & constructional details of centrifugal pump, efficiencies – manometric efficiency, volumetric efficiency, mechanical efficiency and overall efficiency, cavitation and its effect, working principle of jet & submersible pumps with line diagrams.
Industrial Management : Job analysis, motivation, different theories, satisfaction, performance reward systems, production, planning and control, relation with other departments, routing, scheduling, dispatching, PERT and CPM, simple problems. Materials in industry, inventory control model, ABC Analysis, Safety stock, re-order, level, economic ordering quantity, break even analysis, stores layout, stores equipment, stores records, purchasing procedures, purchase records, Bin card, Cardex, Material handling, Manual lifting, hoist, cranes, conveyors, trucks, fork trucks.
Thermal Engineering : Laws of thermo dynamics, conversion of heat into work vice versa , laws of perfect gases, thermo dynamic processes – isochoric, isobaric, isothermal hyperbolic, isentropic, polytrophic and throttling, modes of heat transfer, thermal conductivity, convective heat transfer coefficient, Stefan Boltzman law by radiation and overall heat transfer coefficient. Air standards cycles – Carnot cycle, Otto cycle, Diesel cycle, construction and working of internal combustion engines, comparison of diesel engine and petrol engine. Systems of internal combustion engine, performance of internal combustion engines. Air compressors their cycles refrigeration cycles, principle of a refrigeration plant.
RSMSSB Junior Engineer Syllabus- Degree (Electrical Engineering)
Basic concepts: Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them. Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
Circuit law: Kirchhoff‘s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
Magnetic Circuit: Concepts of flux, mmf, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc. Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction.
AC Fundamentals: Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal wave form, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit. Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
Measurement and measuring instruments: Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and re-active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement. Measurement of frequency and phase angle. Ammeter and voltmeter (both moving oil and moving iron type), extension of range wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges. Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses. Earth Fault detection.
Electrical Machines: (a) D.C. Machine – Construction, Basic Principles of D.C. motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of D.C. Motors. Method of braking motor, Losses and efficiency of D.C. Machines. (b) 1 phase and 3 phase transformers – Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, O.C. and S.C. Tests, Losses and efficiency. Effect of voltage, frequency and wave form on losses. Parallel operation of 1 phase /3 phase transformers. Auto transformers. (c) 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque-speed characteristics, starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors. Methods of braking, effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque speed characteristics, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors: Characteristics and applications.
Synchronous Machines: Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, control of active and reactive power. Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
Generation, Transmission and Distribution: Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations. Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults. Switchgears and Protection: Rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, H.R.C. Fuses, Protection against earth leakage / over current, etc. Buchholz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars. Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution
Estimation and costing: Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules. Earthing practices and IE Rules.
Utilization of Electrical Energy: Illumination, Electric heating, Electric welding, Electroplating, Electric drives and motors.
Basic Electronics: Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT and JFET. Simple circuits using these devices.