Puzzle Tricks: In this post we provide you how to solve puzzle questions very easily. Read this article to make you comfortable in Puzzle Solving Method. Puzzles in Logical Reasoning Section are often provided to check the aptitude of the candidate in the entrance exams. The given below puzzle is another attempt to sharpen and strengthen your rational thinking skills. Take this practise test and analyse how well you can perform in this section. Puzzle Tricks, Puzzle Questions.The questions on Puzzle test may be any of the following types:
A) Classification type questions
B) Family based questions
STEP 1 : Read the Puzzle first few lines, and understood which kind of problem is this i.e : Seating Arrangement/ Linear Arrangement / Circular arrangement/ Square/Rectangular Arrangement, Floor Puzzle, Mixed Puzzle etc.
STEP 2 : Draw 3 – 4 possible diagram and put data accordingly.
STEP 3 : During reading Puzzle ” Write all the relations in short “. And Cross the relation which you already used in the arrangement. This is strongly important.
NOTE : Don’t read a puzzle many times. Writing shortly in your copy, save your time at least 2 – 3 minutes. Practice in this way at home ( recommended). Attempt only those puzzle in the exam which you have 100% confidence.
First of all we will try to solve simple question, this topic is same like as seating Arrangement, you have to read every line and solve step by step. Puzzle Tricks, Puzzle Questions
- Five friends P, Q, R, S & T travelled to five different cities Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore & Hyderabad by different modes of transport of Bus, Train, Aero plane, Car & Boat from Mumbai.
- The person who travelled to Delhi did not travel by boat.
- R went to Bangalore by car & Q went to Kolkata by aero plane.
- S travelled by boat whereas T travelled by train.
- Mumbai is not connected by Bus to Delhi & Chennai.
In every puzzle questions, two statements are given there. One is positive & other is negative.
Try to make a list of Positive & Negative statement separately.
Positive statement- R went to Bangalore by car & Q went to Kolkata by aero plane.
Positive statement- S travelled by boat whereas T travelled by train.
Negative Statement- The person who travelled to Delhi did not travel by boat and Mumbai is not connected by Bus to Delhi & Chennai.
We have given R, Q, S & T and Car, Aero plane, Boat, Train….Remaining is P & Bus
It is also given that Mumbai is not connected by Bus to Delhi & Chennai, so remaining city is Hyderabad.
It is given that S travelled by Boat, but it is also given, the person who travelled to Delhi did not travel by boat, So remaining person is T.
- Eight persons A, B, C, D, E, F, G & H work in three different companies X, Y & Z
- There are two females who work in different companies & their specification is also different.
- Two of them have specialization in Finance, another two have specialization in Human Resources, two have specialization in Marketing, one is Engineer & one is computer specialist.
- D is specialist in HR working in company X while her friend G is a Finance specialist & works in company Z.
- H is a HR specialist who works with marketing specialist B but does not work in company Y.
- The two persons with same specialization do not work together.
- Marketing Specialist F works in company Y and his friend A who is Finance specialist works in company X with only one other specialist.
- In no company more than three persons work.
- C is an Engineer and his sister works in company Z.
- No lady is an Engineer or Computer specialist.
First try to find positive statements and write it down.
Positive statement- It is given that D & H HR specialist, G & A Finance specialist, B & F marketing Specialist, C is an Engineer. Remaining E is Computer specialist.
Now try to find the Company names.
It is given D works in company X. G works in company Z.
F works in company Y & A works in company X. It is written in point 7 that A works in company X with only one other specialist that is given D.
Negative statement- H does not work in company Y, it means he works in company Z with B.
It is also given that C’s sister works in company Z.
So we found the following details
A—–Finance Specialist——Company X
D—–HR Specialist——Company X
H—–HR Specialist——Company Z
B—–Marketing Specialist——Company Z
G—–Finance Specialist——Company Z
Now we can easily find the remaining terms. It is given in point 8 that in no company more than three persons work. So remaining company is Y, hence all three remaining persons work in Company Y.
A—–Finance Specialist——Company X(Male)
D—–HR Specialist——Company X(Female)
H—–HR Specialist——Company Z(Male)
B—–Marketing Specialist——Company Z(Male/Female)
G—–Finance Specialist——Company Z(Male/Female)
E—–Computer Specialist——Company Y(Male)
F—–Marketing Specialist——Company Y(Male)
Directions(1 – 3) – A,B, C ,D, E, F, and G are seven persons who travel to office everyday in a particular metro train which stops at five stations – Kashmiri Gate, Rajiv chowk, INA, AIIMS and Qutub Minar respectively – after it leaves the base station.
I. Three among them get in the metro at the base station.
II. D gets down at the station next to the station at which F gets down.
III. B does not get down either with A or E.
IV. G alone gets in at INA and gets down with C after having passed one station.
V. A travels between only two consecutive stations and gets down at Qutub Minar.
VI. None of them gets in at Rajiv chowk.
VII. C gets in with F but does not get in with either B or D.
VIII. E gets in with two others and gets down alone after D.
IX. B and D work in the same office and they get down together at INA.
X. None of them gets down at Kashmiri Gate.
1. At which station does E get down?
a) Rajiv Chowk
d) Data inadequate
2. At which station do C and F get in?
a) Kashmiri gate
b) Qutub Minar
d) Data inadequate
3. After how many stations does E get down?
d) Data inadequate
Answer 1- c
Answer 2- d
Answer 3- c
Start from the Statement (iv).
Then go through statement (v): A travels only two stations and gets down at Qutub Minar which means that he must have boarded at AIIMS.
Then go to Statement (ix), proceed through (viii) to Statement (ii) and proceed as said in the remaining statements.
Directions ─ (Q. 1 to 5) Study the following information carefully and answer the questions below.
A team of five is to be selected from amongst five boys P, Q, R, S and T and four girls A, B, C, and D. Some criteria for selection are ─
I. P and D have to be together
II. A cannot be put with C
III. S and B cannot go together
IV. R and T have to be together
V. C cannot be put with Q
1) If two of the members have to be boys, the team will consist of ─
2) If C be one of the members, the other members of the team are ─
3) If two of the members are girls and S is one of the members, the members of the team other than S are ─
4) If P and R are the members, the other members of the team cannot be ─
5) If including A at least three members are girls, the members of the team other than A are ─
Answers with Explanation ─
1. (A) If A is selected naturally S has to be selected.
If B is selected R cannot be selected.
If D is selected Q cannot be selected.
So, the options ADSQR and QD are wrong and RTDCB is not possible because D has to be accompanied with P.
2. (D) If C is selected A cannot be selected, therefore option ADPS is wrong.
S and B cannot go together. So, BDPS is wrong.
S and P have to be together. So, BDRT is wrong. Now, the team combination will be DPRT.
3. (C) If S is selected B cannot be selected. Therefore ABQR and ABRT are not correct. D and P have to be always together.
Therefore, ADRT is wrong.
4. (D) If P and R are the members, D and T have to be selected. Therefore, option (D) ABT is not the correct combination.