PSSSB FSO Syllabus 2020: Punjab SSSB has released the official advertisement for the recruitment of Food Safety Officer. This year Punjab SSSB FSSO recruitment exam 2020 will be conducted for 25 vacancies through general recruitment. Candidates can fill the application form of Punjab SSSB FSSO up to February 10, 2020. Here in this article, we are sharing PSSSB FSO Syllabus. Download Punjab SSSB FSO Syllabus PDF
PSSSB FSO Exam 2020 Important Dates:
Notification Issued: 17/01/2020
Starting Date of Online Registration: 20/01/2020
Last Date of Online Registration: 10/02/2020
Last Date of Fee Payment: 12/02/2020
Admit Card: To be updated
Exam Date: To be updated
Punjab SSSB Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2020 Educational Qualification:
Candidate should have completed Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Masters Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognized University.
Punjab SSSB Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2020 Age Limit:
Candidate should have an age limit of between 18 yrs to 37 yrs
Punjab SSSB Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2020 Pay Scale:
Candidate should have a pay of Rs. 10300 – 34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4200
PSSSB FSO Syllabus 2020 (Discipline)
1. Food Chemistry and Nutrition: Concept & Application of pH, Acids, Bases, Buffers, Solutions; Surface tension, Viscosity, Absorption, Colloids, Suspension and Catalysis. Desirable and potentially undesirable food constituents and their importance: Nomenclature, Chemistry and Metabolic pathways of Carbohydrates, Lipids, proteins; Chemistry of Vitamins, Minerals and Single Cell Proteins. Clinical manifestations of Vitamin deficiency and its prevention. Digestion, Absorption, Assimilation and Transport of nutrients in humans. Diet: Balanced Diet, Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) & Standards for different age groups; Dietary utilization and disturbances, Functions and Energy values of foods. Basal Energy Metabolism & Calculations of: Biological Value, Net Protein Utilization, Basal Metabolic Rate. Assessment of nutritional status; Malnutrition: Causes & prevention; Diseases caused due to Food Adulteration.
2. Food Microbiology: Classification, morphology, physiology„ growth, nutrition and reproduction of major groups of microorganisms associated with food. Pure culture techniques and maintenance of cultures. Sources of microbial contamination in food, factors affecting growth and survival of microorganisms in foods. Microbiological standards of foods, food poisoning and food borne infections, microbial toxins, indicator organisms, food plant sanitation, inspection and control. Food poisoning, Beneficial microorganisms and their utilization in food fermentations.
3. Plant based Food products- Processing and Quality aspects: Processing of oil seeds, Pre-treatments of oil seeds, oil milling, solvent extraction, impurities present in oils and fats. Vegetable oils, refining, hydrogenation, inter-esterification, fractionation, Peanut butter, Margarine and spread. Different quality parameters: Peroxide value, Saponification value, Iodine value, acid value, RM value, Polenski value etc, Adulteration and its detection in oil and fats. Rancidity, a utooxidation and antioxidants. Milling of paddy, quality characteristics, curing and aging of rice. Parboilig and processed rice products. Fruit and Vegetable products: Preservation, Processing and Quality aspects, Cereal and Cereal products. Storage, Processing, and Quality aspects. Spices and condiments: composition, preservation and processing, Quality. Detection of genetic modification.
4. Animal based Food Product: Processing and Quality aspects Physico-chemical properties, Production and collection, cooling and transportation of milk. Clarification and filtration of milk, pasteurized and homogenized milk: Whole, Standardized, Toned, Double toned, skim and special milks, Test for milk quality and detection of diary adulterants. Milk products: Cream, Butter, Butter oil/Ghee, Cheese, Curd and Yoghurt, Sweet meat, Ice cream, Evaporated and Condensed milk, and Milk powders. Indian Dairy Products, Manufacture of casein and Lactose. Causes and prevention of defects in dairy products. Scientific slaughtering methods of meat animals, tendering, curing, smoking and irradiation of meat. Beef, mutton and pork sausages and other meat products. Fish and poultry processing. Processing of Egg and egg products. Honey and honey based products.
5. Spoilage and Preservation of Foods: Storage condition for different foods to avoid spoilage, Preservation methods; Low and high temperature, drying and dehydration, chemical, salt, and sugar, Irradiation, Hurdle technology, carbonation etc. Plant and personal Hygiene.
6. Food Packaging: Concept of food packaging, polymeric, glass, metal packaging materials, Aseptic Packaging. Newer trends, Package printing, Packaging Laws and Regulations, Evaluation of food packaging materials and package performance.
7. Food Legislation and Quality Control: Quality Control / Quality Assurance, Legislation for food safety: National and International criteria, sampling, risk analysis and management. Relevant Foods laws: AGMARK, and BIS Standards, Food Safety and Standards Act. Testing food for its safety. The HACCP system and Food Safety Management Systems. Food standards and Specification, Laboratory Quality Management System and ISO certification requirements.
8. Agriculture: Salient features of agriculture with special reference to Punjab. Soil fertility and management of problematic soil. Production techniques for important field crops, horticultural crops, spices and medicinal crops. Important disease and pests of major crops and their management. Agricultural marketing. Agriculture statistics. Storage structure and practices. Modified and controlled atmosphere storage systems. Losses in storage.
PSSSB FSO Syllabus 2020 (General Awareness):
Literature of Punjab
Culture & Heritage of Punjab people
History of Punjab
Punjab since independence and its aftermath
Food, Dresses, Dance, the folklore of Punjabi people
Political parties of Punjab and populist schemes
Punjab welfare and developmental schemes
Religious and non-religious traditions of Punjab
Punjab Language, Festivals, Music, Crafts