Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited Informatics Assistant 2018 Syllabus: The competitive exam for the post of Informatics Assistant shall be conducted in two Phases as follows:
Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited Informatics Assistant 2018 Syllabus Phase – I
In the Phase-I, computer based “written competitive exam” shall be conducted through Online mode and Question Paper shall be in two parts of total two(2) hours’ duration, consisting of Objective Type Questions (Multiple Choice Questions – MCQ) only, as detailed hereunder :-
Part – A : 60% weightage
(i) Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Major development in the field of Information Technology.
(ii) Overview of the Computer System including input-output devices, pointing devices, and scanner.
(iii) Introduction to Operating System, Word Processing (MS-Word), Spread Sheet Software (MS-Excel), Presentation Software (MS Power Point), DBMS Software (MA-Access).
(iv) Representation of Data (Digital versus Analog, Number System – Decimal, Binary & Hexadecimal), Introduction to Data Processing, Concepts of files and its types.
(v) Introduction of Internet Technology and Protocol. LAN, MAN, WAN, Search Service/ Engines. Introduction to online & offline messaging. World Wide Web Browsers, Web publishing, Creation & maintenance of Websites, HTML, Interactivity Tools, Multimedia and Graphics, Voice Mail and Video Conferencing, Introduction to e-Commerce.
(vi) Security, Protecting Computer Systems from viruses & malicious attacks, Introduction to Firewalls and its utility, Backup & Restoring data.
(vii) Algorithms for Problem Solving, Introduction to C Language, Principles and Programming Techniques, Introduction of Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) concept, Introduction to “Integrated Development Environment” and its advantages.
Part – B : 40% weightage
(i) Reasoning & Mental Ability
(iii) General Knowledge & Everyday Science
(iv) Hindi General
(v) English General
A brief out-line of scope of each sub-part is given hereunder for general guidelines of candidates, but is not intended to be exhaustive :-
(i) Reasoning & Mental Ability :- Analytical Reasoning, Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Shapes and Mirror Images, Clocks, etc.
(ii) Mathematics:- Mathematics. (Class-XII level)
(iii)General Knowledge & Everyday Science :- Current events including issues of State (Rajasthan), National & International importance, Persons & Places in recent news, Games & Sports, Science, Indian History, Civics, Geography, Indian Polity, etc., with special reference to Rajasthan.
(iv) Hindi General :- Hindi Grammar and language (Class-X level).
(v) English General :- English Grammar and language (Class-X level).
Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited Informatics Assistant 2018 Syllabus Phase – II
Qualifying Typing Speed Test on Computer :
(a) Hindi Typing 15 Minutes
(b) English Typing 15 Minutes
(i) Speed Test in Hindi & English languages on Computer machine shall be taken of only those candidates who have qualified the Phase-I of the examination. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Phase-II of the examination (Qualifying Typing Speed Test) shall be about three times of the advertised vacancies (category-wise).
(ii) No marks shall be given in Qualifying Typing Speed Test and Merit list will be prepared only on the basis marks obtained in the Phase-I of the examination, but only those candidates who qualify the Typing Speed Test shall be eligible for inclusion in the Merit list.
The Question Paper (except “Hindi General” and “English General” section) shall be ‘bilingual’ i.e. both in English & Hindi.
(B) Other details of the examination process
- There shall be no ‘Interview’.
- There will be ‘Negative’ marking for each wrong answer.
- To become eligible for consideration for appointment, candidates shall be required to secure minimum passing marks in Part-A & Part-B both or Phase-I, as the case may be, as detailed below in the written competitive exams :-
(i) UR category candidates – 30% marks
(ii) SC/ST/BC/MBC/Ex-servicemen/PWD (PH) category candidates – 20% marks
The sum of marks obtained by candidates in the Part-A & Part-B both or Phase-I, as the case may be, of the examination will be counted for determining final order of their merit.
- For selection against “Unreserved” vacancies, candidates must be eligible for appointment as “Unreserved” candidate. It is clarified that in case of availing relaxation in ‘Fee’, a candidate does not become ineligible for selection against “Unreserved” vacancy.
- The possibility of occurrence of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test. Conduct of a re-exam is at the absolute discretion of test conducting body. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test.
Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
- If the examination is held in more than one session due to one or other reason, the scores across various sessions will be equated to adjust for slight differences in difficulty level of different test batteries used across sessions. More than one session are required if the nodes capacity is less or some technical disruption takes place at any centre or for any candidate.
- RVUN would be analyzing the responses (answers) of individual candidates with those of other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted by RVUN in this regard, it is inferred/ concluded that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/ valid, RVUN reserves right to cancel the candidature of the concerned candidates and the result of such candidates (disqualified) will be withheld.
- The scores of online exam will be obtained by adopting the following procedure :-
(i) Number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in the objective test is considered for arriving at the ‘Corrected Score’ after applying penalty for wrong answers.
(ii) The ‘Corrected Scores’ so obtained by candidates are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to arrive at the ‘Equated Scores’. Scores obtained by candidates on any test will be equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.
(iii) Test-wise scores and scores on total is calculated with decimal point upto two digits.
- Category-wise Merits lists of all the successful candidates for each post and discipline (i.e.
Electrical, Civil, Control & Instrumentation/ Communication, Fire & Safety), shall be prepared separately for each company on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in Written Competitive Examination. However, in case two or more candidates acquire the same marks, then their date of birth shall be deciding factor to determine their inter-se merit, i.e. the elder candidate shall be placed higher in the merit-list.
Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited Informatics Assistant 2018 Syllabus
ALSO READ: Static GK Capsule 2018 PDF (English Version)
ALSO READ: Static GK Capsule 2018 PDF (Hindi Version)
ALSO READ: Monthly Current Affairs Capsules 2018 PDF
ALSO READ: Previous Year Papers PDF
FREE VIDEOS: CURRENT AFFAIRS, MATHS, REASONING, STATIC GK