IWST Recruitment 2019: Institute of Wood Science & Technology (IWST), Bengaluru has released the official advertisement for Technical Assistant, Technician, MTS & LDC Posts on 19 November 2019. This year Institute of Wood Science & Technology (IWST) recruitment exam 2019 will be conducted for 16 vacancies through general recruitment.
The last date of receipt of application is 16-01-2020. The last date of receipt of applications for candidates residing in Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep will be 31-01-2020.
Institute of Wood Science and Technology (IWST) is a Research institute situated in Bangalore in Karnataka. It works under the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) of the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India.It is recognized to be a Centre of Excellence for Sandalwood Research and Wood Science.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates in the prescribed format for the following posts in the Institute of Wood Science & Technology (IWST), Bengaluru. These posts carry all India transfer liability in ICFRE institutes/Centers. Application for the posts of Technical Assistant (Category-II), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Technician (Category-I) and Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) in the prescribed format should be submitted separately. The detailed description of different category of posts is as given below:
1. Each correct answer will carry one mark. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each incorrect/
2. In case of equal marks/ tie up marks in the written examination, general rules will be
followed to finalize the merit list.
1. Interested candidates may submit their applications to “The Director, Institute of Wood Science &Technology, 18thCross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560 003”. The last date of receipt of application is 16-01-2020. The last date of receipt of applications for candidates residing in Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep will be 31-01-2020. Applications received after closing date will not be entertained under any circumstances. This Institute shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss during the postal transit. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the last date of receipt of application i.e. on 16-01-2020.
2. Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply.
3. If a candidate wishes to apply for more than one post, he/she should submit separate application
with required fee and other documents. Application for more than one post in a single application
will not be entertained.
4. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates is as per Govt. of India orders issued from time to time.
No age relaxation is allowed to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying against the unreserved posts.
5. Age relaxation for Govt. servants in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the
Government of India from time to time. There is no upper age limit for the employees of ICFRE.
6. Candidates applying under EWS category will be considered only subject to production of recent
EWS certificate from the competent authority
7. Apart from affixing one photograph on the application form, the candidates are required to attach
Two additional identical photograph separately alongwith each application form, duly stapled
on the first page of the filled in application form, with their name & post written in capital letters on
the back side of the photographs.
8. The application duly completed in all respects shall be submitted along with the self attested
photocopies of certificates of educational and technical qualification, age proof, claim of
belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.
9. Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs.300/- (Rs. 200/-
Application fee and Rs. 100/- Processing fee) through Demand Draft from any nationalized
bank drawn in favour of Director, Institute of Wood Science and Technology payable at
Bengaluru. No other mode of payment of application fee is acceptable.
10. If the candidate wishes to apply for more than one post, each application should contain separate
Demand Draft of Rs.300/-, self-attested copies of the certificates and extra photographs.
11. The PH/Women candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. The SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee only against the reserved posts. However, the processing fee of Rs. 100/- has to be paid through Demand Draft from any nationalized bank drawn in favour of Director, Institute of Wood Science and Technology payable at Bengaluru by all the category candidates.
12. All the applications received within stipulated date in response to this advertisement shall be
considered for short-listing by the screening committee and only the candidates recommended by
the screening committee will be called for appearing in the written examination. The decision of
the Director, IWST on short-listing will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this
13. No interview will be conducted for advertised posts.