IITM Project Assistant Recruitment: The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is an autonomous research organization fully funded by Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi. It is a premier Institute of national and international repute, devoted to research in various aspects of atmospheric sciences with emphasis on tropical meteorology, particularly on the Climate Change and Indian Monsoon. The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is a scientific institution based in Pune, India for expanding research in tropical Indian Ocean (formerly on tropical meteorology) of the tropics in general with special reference to monsoon meteorology and air-sea interaction of India monsoon.
It is proposed to recruit for the following posts as detailed below for “Metropolitan Air Quality and Weather Services” (MAQWS) Project :
The appointment is purely on temporary on contractual basis for a period up to 31st March 2020.
Upper age limit is relaxed for SC/ST, OBC, Physical handicapped/ ex-servicemen as per Government of India norms. Aspiring candidates may submit their applications along with their CV online only:
Hard copy of the applications will not be accepted. Facility for submitting online applications will commence on 15 March 2019 (15:00 hours) and close on 05th April 2019 at (17.00 hrs).
IITM Project Assistant Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
1. The last date of submission of online application is 05th April 2019.
2. The last date is the cut of date for all purposes including age/qualification/experience etc.
3. Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
4. Mere possession of required qualification will not entitle the candidates to be selected for interview. If the number of applications received in response to advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible for the Selection Board to interview for all those candidates. So, the Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit of desirable qualification and/or on the record of academic performance and/or relevant experience for the post prescribed in the advertisement as per the specific requirement of the centre and/or any other benchmark decided by a committee constituted to screen the applications. No correspondence will be entertained with candidates who are not called for Interview.
6. Selection will be on the basis of performance of the screened in candidates, in the interview.
7. Candidates must produce all original documents as proof of details furnished in the application and photocopy of each, at the time of interview for verification. Any discrepancies found in the certificate will attract the disqualification of applications. Non production of the original certificates at the time of interview will also make the candidate disqualified.
8. Selected candidate may have to join the post immediately, on being found fit by Medical Authority.
9. Essential qualification, experience and age limit can be relaxed at the discretion of the appointing authority in exceptional cases.
10. Director, IITM reserves the right to fill-up or not to fill up the post advertised without assigning any reasons thereof.
11. Doctorate Degree will count as 3 years of experience
12. M.Tech. degree will be counted as 1 year experience
13. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. For SC/ST candidates admissible TA/DA shall be considered as per Government of India orders.
14. CGPA grading is to be converted in the percentage.
15. Total number of posts may vary.