IBPS SO Syllabus 2018 || IBPS SO IT /Law/HR/Marketing/Agriculture Officer Syllabus: The online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the next Common Recruitment Process (CRP) for selection of personnel in Specialist Officers’ cadre posts listed below in the Participating Organisations is tentatively scheduled in December 2018/ January 2019. Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join any of the Participating Organisations listed at (A) as one of the Specialist Officers’ post, is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP SPL-VIII). The examination will be two tier i.e. the online examination will be held in two phases, preliminary and main. Here we are sharing IBPS SO 2018 Syllabus.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2018 Prelims Exam:
|Reasoning||English Langugae||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
|Seating Arrangements Puzzles Inequalities Syllogism Input-Output Data Sufficiency Blood Relations Order and Ranking Alphanumeric Series Distance and Direction Verbal Reasoning||Cloze Test Reading Comprehension Spotting Errors Sentence Improvement Sentence Correction Para Jumbles Fill in the Blanks Para/Sentence Completion||Number Series Data Interpretation Simplification/ Approximation Quadratic Equation Data Sufficiency Mensuration Average Profit and Loss Ratio and Proportion Work, Time and Energy Time and Distance Probability Relations Simple and Compound Interest Permutation and Combination||Current Affairs Banking Awareness GK Updates Currencies Important Places Books and Authors Awards Headquarters Prime Minister Schemes Important Days|
IBPS SO 2018 Syllabus Mains Exam:
IBPS SO Syllabus 2018 For I.T. Officer Mains Exam
IBPS SO IT officer is the most popular choice among other posts. Professional Knowledge in I.T Officer Mains Exam is a scoring section. Hence, well preparedness is necessary for IBPS SO I.T Professional Knowledge section. Here is the detailed syllabus of I.T. Officer Mains Examination.
Data Base Management Systems (DBMS)
- File Based Data Management – Disadvantages of file system
- Database systems – Need for Database, Advantages of using a database
- Characteristics of data in a database – Functions of DBMS, Components of a database, Comparison between Database and file-processing systems
- Data dictionary – Data abstraction, Data independence – Logical and Physical data independence
- Architecture: Overall Architecture of DBMS
- Three level architecture – Hierarchical, Networking, Relational Data Models (E-R Model, E-R Diagrams, EER Model), Advantages and Disadvantages of each model.
- Advanced Concepts: Introduction to Data warehousing and Data mining – Different types
- Client/Server Technology: Client – Server – Distributed and Co-operative processing – Peer- to – Peer processing – Application components – Transaction management.
- Relational Structure – Characteristics of Relational Database Model – CODD’s rules – Tables (Relations), Rows (Tuples), Domains, Attributes, Extension, Intention.
- Keys: Candidate Key, Primary Key, Foreign Key, Super Keys, Unique Keys.
- Data Constraints: Referential Integrity Constraints, Entity Integrity Constraints, Constraints like Primary key constraint, Unique, Check constraint strong Entity, Weak Entity.
- Normalization: Introduction – Purpose of Normalization – Definition of Functional Dependence (FD) Relational database Design, – Normal forms: 1NF, 2NF, 3NF, BCNF, 4Nf and 5 NF.
- Database Administration: DBA Tasks – DBA Tools – User Privileges – Performance monitoring and tuning – Query tracing – Backup and Recovery
- Introduction to SQL: Advantages of SQL – Invoking SQL*PLUS, The Oracle Data-types, Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation language (DML), Data Control Language (DCL), Data Query Language ( DQL) and all related commands.
- Queries using Group by and Order by clause & Join: Querying a Single Table, Ordering results, grouping the results, Joins, Types of Joins, Sub queries.
- Operators: Logical, Value, Syntax and Query expression operators – Set operators.
- Functions: Character, Arithmetic, Date and time, Group and Miscellaneous Functions, Commit, Rollback, Savepoint.
- Format models: Character, Numeric & Date Format models.
- Views: Introduction – Advantages of views – The Create View Command, Updating Views, Views and Joins, Views and Sub queries – Dropping Views.
- Sequences: Creating Sequences, Altering Sequences, Dropping Sequences.
- Indexes: Index Types, Creating of an Index: Simple Unique and Composite Index, Dropping Indexes.
- Snapshots: Creating a Snapshot, Altering Snapshot, Dropping a Snapshot.
- Introduction to PL/SQL: The PL/SQL Syntax, The PL/SQL Block Structure, Fundamentals of PL/SQL, Advantages of PL/SQL data Types.
- Control Structure: Conditional Control, Iterative Control, Sequential Control.
- Exception handling: Predefined Exception – User defined Exception.
- Cursors: Implicit and Explicit Cursors
- Procedures: Advantages – Creating – Executing and Deleting a Stored Procedure.
- Functions: Advantages – Creating – Executing and Deleting a Function.
- Database Triggers: Use of Database Triggers – How to apply database Triggers – Types of Triggers – Syntax for Creating Trigger – Deleting Trigger.
Data Communication and Networking
- Data Communication: Components of a data communication – Data flow: simplex – half duplex – full duplex; Networks – Definition – Network criteria – Types of Connections: Point to point – multipoint; Topologies: Star, Bus, Ring, Mesh, Hybrid – Advantages and Disadvantages of each topology.
- Types of Networks: LAN – MAN – WAN – CAN – HAN – Internet – Intranet –Extranet, Client-Server, Peer To Peer Networks.
- Transmission Media: Classification of transmission media – Guided – Twisted pair, Coaxial, Fiber optics; unguided – Radio waves – Infrared – LOS – VSAT – cabling and standards
- Network devices: Features and concepts of Switches – Routers (Wired and Wireless) – Gateways.
- Network Models: Protocol definition – standards – OSI Model – layered architecture – functions of all layers..
- Data Link Layer: Framing & its methods, Flow Control, Error control. DLL Protocol, Piggybacking & Pipelining. MAC Sub layer, Media access control for LAN & WAN, collision, IEEE 802 standards for LAN & MAN & their comparison. Ethernet, Wireless LANs, Broadband Wireless, Bluetooth.
- Network Layer: Routing, Congestion Control Algorithms, IP protocol, IP Addresses, Comparative study of IPv4 & IPv6, Mobile IP.
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) – User Datagram Protocol, Data Traffic, Congestion Control and Quality of Service
- Network Security: Cryptography, Message Security, Digital Signature, User Authentication, Key Management, Security Protocols Internet,DNS,SMTP, FTP, HTTP, WWW, Virtual Terminal Protocol.
- Introduction: Basic Terminology, Data types and its classification, Array Definition, Representation and Analysis of Arrays, Single and Multidimensional Arrays, etc.
- Stack, Array Implementation of stack, Linked Representation of Stack, Queue, Array and linked implementation of queues, Circular queues, D-queues and Priority Queues. Linked list, Generalized linked list.
- Trees: Basic terminology, Binary Trees, Complete Binary Tree, Extended Binary Trees, Array and Linked Representation of Binary trees, etc.
- Internal and External sorting ,Insertion Sort, Bubble Sort, selection sort Quick Sort, Merge Sort, Heap Sort, Radix sort, Searching & Hashing: Sequential search, binary search, Hash Table, Hash Functions, etc.
- Graphs: Introduction, Sequential Representations of Graphs, Adjacency Matrices, Traversal, Connected Component and Spanning Trees, Minimum Cost Spanning Trees.
- The Software Product and Software Process Models, Software Process customization and improvement.
- Requirement Elicitation, Analysis, and Specification Functional and Non-functional requirements, Validation, Trace ability.
- Software Design, Architectural Design, User Interface Design, Function-oriented Design, SA/SD Component Based Design, Design Metrics.
- Software Analysis and Testing, Software Test Process, Testing Levels, Test Criteria, Test Case Design, Test Oracles, Test Techniques, Black-Box Testing, etc.
- Software Maintenance & Software Project Measurement: Software Configuration Management (SCM), Re-engineering, Reverse Engineering. Project Management Concepts, Feasilibility Analysis, Project and Process Planning, Resources Project Scheduling and Tracking, etc.
- Introduction to System Programs & Operating Systems, Buffering & Spooling, Types of Operating System.
- File concepts, access methods, free space managements, allocation methods, directory systems, protection, organization, sharing & implementation issues, etc.
- Process: Concept, Process Control Blocks (PCB), Scheduling criteria Preemptive & non Preemptive process scheduling, Scheduling algorithms, algorithm evaluation, multiple processor scheduling, real time scheduling, threads, critical section problem, semaphores, and classical problems of synchronization, etc.
- Memory Hierarchy, logical and physical address space, swapping, contiguous and non-contiguous allocation, paging, segmentation, Concepts of virtual memory, Cache Memory Organization, demand paging, page replacement algorithms, allocation of frames, thrashing, demand segmentation.
- Distributed operating system:-Types, Design issues, File system, Remote file access, RPC, RMI, Distributed Shared Memory(DSM), Basic Concept of Parallel Processing & Concurrent Programming
- Security & threats protection: Security violation through Parameter, Computer Worms & Virus, Security Design Principle, Authentications, Protection Mechanisms.
- Introduction to Compiler, Phases and passes, Bootstrapping, Implementation of lexical analyzers, LEX: lexical analyzer generator, Input buffering, Recognition of tokens, Error handling.
- Basic Parsing Techniques: Parsers, Shift reduce parsing, operator precedence parsing, top down parsing, predictive parsers, LR parsers , an automatic parser generator
- Syntax directed definitions, L-attributed definitions, Syntax directed Translators, Intermediate code, etc.
- Symbol Tables, Run-Time Administration, simple stack allocation scheme, storage allocation in block structured language, Code Optimization and Code Generation
- Parsing control statements, syntax diagrams, Error Recovery, Interpreting control statements, parsing programs, procedures and Functions.
Computer Organization and Microprocessor
- Computer System: Basic Computer Operation, Machine Instructions, Addressing Modes, DLX Architecture,
- Computer Configuration, Memory organization, Memory Architecture and Interface, DMA, Synchronization, etc.
- Microprocessor As A CPU– types of Microprocessor, Microcomputers, Computer Languages, Flags, Program Counter(PC), Stack Pointer, OPCode Format, etc.
- Input-output System.
Object Oriented Programming (OOPS)
- General concept OOPS– Object, Classes, Data Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Methods and Messages, Dynamic Binding.
- Features, Advantages and Applications of OOPS
- Aggregation and Association, Generalization, Multiple Inheritance.
This subject is of slightly lesser importance. Candidates can be expected to know HTML, XML etc.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2018 For Agricultural Field Officer Mains Exam
Professional Knowledge in Agricultural Field Officer Mains Exam is a scoring section. Hence, well preparedness is necessary for IBPS SO Professional Knowledge section. Candidates attending IBPS SO Agriculture Exam must have a basic knowledge of general topics such as Agriculture, seeds, soil, vegetables, animal husbandry etc. Here is the detailed syllabus of Agricultural Field Officer Mains Examination.
- Agriculture related current affairs
- Crop-horticulture vegetables and fruits section –
- Specific time of sowing seed rate,
- Varieties that are important,
- Herbicides and Pesticides,
- Important points related to plants, fruits and vegetables,
- Preservation of fruits and vegetables
- Types of cropping systems
- Soil Resources:
- Indian soil
- Types of facts (humans contents and CN ratio)
- Manure knowledge
- Animal husbandry and technology
- Different Breeds of animals
- Agriculture small industries like Honey and fisheries Industries. in animals
- Types of diseases in animals and its causes
- Rural welfare activities in India
- Before independence
- After independence
- Different insurance schemes in agriculture
- Woman and child development Schemes.
- Seed Knowledge – Different government schemes
- Agriculture economics– Agriculture cost and schemes
- Kinds of Agricultural Practices
- Agroforestry and Ecology
IBPS SO Syllabus 2018 For Law Officer Mains Exam
Professional Knowledge in Law Officer Mains Exam is a scoring section. Hence, well preparedness is necessary for IBPS SO Professional Knowledge section. Candidates attending IBPS SO Law Officer Exam must have a basic knowledge on Law and Acts with direct and Indirect Implication on the banking sector. Here is the detailed syllabus of Law Officer Mains Examination.
- Banking Regulation & Compliance and Legal Aspects
- Relevant laws and orders related to negotiable instruments, securities, Foreign Exchange.
- Prevention of money laundering, Limitation Act
- Consumer Protection Act
- Bankers Book Evidence Act, DRT Act.
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme
- Offenses and Penalties
- Law and Acts with direct and Indirect Implication on the banking sector like Contract Acts, Partnerships, Companies, Firm, Constitution
IBPS SO Syllabus 2018 For HR/ Personnel officer Mains Exam
Professional Knowledge in HR officer Mains Exam is a scoring section. Hence, well preparedness is necessary for IBPS SO Professional Knowledge section. Here is the detailed syllabus of HR Officer Mains Examination.
- HR Introduction
- Wage and Salary Administration
- Principles of management
- Leadership styles
- HR Planning
- Job analysis (Procedures, Methods and techniques)
- Job design (Meaning and techniques)
- Recruitment and selection (Procedure, Process and barriers)
- Interview (Types of tests, Types of interviews and limitations)
- Placement (Induction, procedure and benefits)
- Training and development (Types and methods)
- Performance appraisal (Process, uses and techniques)
- Promotion, transfer and demotions (Types, policies)
- Job evaluation (Pre-requisites, principles and process)
- Compensation (Theories of wages, compensation administration and criteria to develop compensation plan)
- Motivation (Theories, Importance, Factors impacting)
- Industrial relations
- Factories act
- Industrial relations act
- Gratuity act
- Provident fund act
- Strategic Role of Information in HRM
- Information Technology-Concepts & Issues
- HRIS Implementation and Control
- Designing an HRIS Department
- Compensation and Benefits Management
- Transactional Analysis
- Rewards & Recognition- types of rewards, monetary and non-monetary, performance reward,
- Mobility of Personnel and Retirement-transfers
- Emotional Intelligence and Managerial Effectiveness
- Managing Changes and Organizational Effectiveness
- Management Process and Organizational Behavior
- Managing Interpersonal and Group Processes.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2018 For Marketing officer Mains Exam
Professional Knowledge in Marketing officer Mains Exam is a scoring section. Hence, well preparedness is necessary for IBPS SO Professional Knowledge section. Candidates attending IBPS SO Marketing officer Exam must have a basic knowledge on Marketing Management. Here is the detailed syllabus of Marketing Officer Mains Examination.
- Marketing Overview
- Concept, Nature, Scope and Importance of Marketing
- Meaning, Functions and Importance of Marketing Management
- Marketing Process and Marketing Planning
- Consumer/ Buyer Behavior
- Market Segmentation: Importance of Market Segmentation
- Marketing Research
- Product Planning and Development
- Sales Promotion and its Objectives
- Branding, Packaging and Labeling
- Pricing Decisions: Pricing, Pricing Decision Strategies
- Wholesale Trade
- Retail Trade
- Personal Selling
- Services Marketing
- Bank Marketing
- Insurance Marketing
- Consumer Protection in India: List of Consumer Rights, Consumer Protection Act
- Marketing Organization
- Marketing Program
- Marketing Decision Making
- Sales Forecasting
- Distribution: Definition, Channels of Distribution
- Sales Management
- Marketing Environment
- Rural Marketing
- International Marketing
- Social Responsibility and Business Ethics.
See Also: LATEST JOBS 2018
See Also: PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS
See Also: EXAM UPDATES & STUDY MATERIALS
See Also: STATIC GK PDF NOTES
See Also: CURRENT AFFAIRS PDF MAGAZINES