FSSAI Written Exam 2019 Guide PDF: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), here in after referred to as ‘Food Authority’ is a statutory Body under M/o Health and Family Welfare. FSSAI has been created for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption to 130 crore citizens of the country.
For further strengthening its core competencies, FSSAI invites applications on direct recruitment basis from dynamic, proficient and motivated candidates looking for exciting career opportunities in Food Regulatory System and wanted to be a part of our growth journey. We are providing FSSAI Written Exam Guide PDF for Food Safety Officer & Technical Officer.
As per the examination pattern of FSSAI, there is a section of Functional Knowledge Test for Assistant Director (Technical), Central Food Safety Officer, Technical Officer & Other Posts. (In which FSSAI related questions will be asked. Total questions are 75. Total Marks for these questions are 300).
Objective exam already successfully conducted by FSSAI on various dates. Candidates are waiting for the prelims exam result. Mains exam will be held in September/October. To start your preparation we are providing FSSAI Written Exam Guide 2019 PDF. (One Liner Important Points, Complete Guide & 100+ Subjective Questions Answers).
Chapter 1: Indian and International Food Laws (An Overview)
· Food Safety and Standards Act of India, 2006: Provision, definitions and different sections of the Act and implementation.
· FSS Rules and Regulations
· Overview of other relevant national bodies (e.g. APEDA, BIS, EIC, MPEDA, Spice Board etc.)
· International Food Control Systems/Laws, Regulations and Standards/Guidelines with regard to Food Safety – (i) Overview of CODEX Alimentarius Commission (History, Members, Standard setting and Advisory mechanisms: JECFA, JEMRA JMPR): WTO agreements (SPS/TBT):
· Important national and international accreditation bodies
Chapter 2: FSSAI – Role, Functions, Initiatives ( A General Understanding)
· Genesis and Evolution of FSSAI
· Structure and Functions of Food Authority
· Overview of systems and processes in Standards, Enforcement, Laboratory ecosystem, Imports, Third Party Audit etc.
· Promoting safe and wholesome Food (Eat Right India, Food Fortification, snf, Clean Street Food Hub, RUCO and various other social and behavioural change initiatives)
· Training and capacity building
· Role of State Food Authorities
Chapter 3: Principles of Food Preservation, Processing and Packaging
· Food Processing Operations, Principles, Good Manufacturing Practices
· Overview of food preservation methods and their underlying principles including novel and emerging methods/principles
· Overview of food packaging methods and principles including novel packaging materials/techniques
Chapter 4: Principles and Basics of Food Chemistry and their role in Human Nutrition
· Structure and functions of macro-and micro nutrients
· Role of macro and micronutrients in human nutrition
· Overview of food additives with respect to their technological functions
· Overview of anti-nutritional factors and their removal from foods
· Overview of enzymes as food processing aids
· Overview of nutraceuticals and functions foods
· Overview of food contaminants and adulterants and their effects on human health
· Food allergens and allergencity
· Importance of diet in alleviating health risks, especially non-communicable diseases
Chapter 5: Food Microbiology & General principles of Food Hygiene
· General principles of food microbiology and overview of food borne pathogens
· Overview of sources of microorganisms in food chain (raw materials, water, air, equipment etc.) and microbiological quality of foods
· Microbial food spoilage and Food borne diseases
· General principles and techniques in microbiological examination of foods
· Overview of beneficial microorganisms and their role in food processing and human nutrition
· General principles of food safety management systems including traceability and recall – sanitation, HACCP, Good production and processing practices (GMP, GAP, GHP, GLP, BAP, etc)
Chapter 6: General concepts of Food Analysis and Testing
· Fundamentals of field level and laboratory sampling with reference to importance of statistical tools.
· Overview of basic/classical methods of food analysis
· Overview of modern analytical techniques including mass spectrometry and molecular techniques.
· Principles of Quality assurance and Quality control with reference to food analysis and testing.