5 Tips to Ace Numerical Ability for RBI Assistant Prelims 2019: Though the notification of RBI Assistant 2019 has not been released yet, that should not stop the aspirants from starting with the preparation. As the competition is high, every day counts and so the more time you get for the preparation, the more are your chances of clearing the examination.The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India.It commenced its operations on 1 April 1935 in accordance with the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
The Preliminary examination of RBI Assistant consists of three sections – Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language. For the benefit of the aspirants, we have focussed on some key strategies to maximize the score in the numerical aptitude section. But before that, let us take a look at the exam pattern of RBI Assistant.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
RBI Assistant Numerical Ability Syllabus
The topic wise syllabus of the numerical ability section is as follows:
- Number series
- HCF and LCM
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Problems on Trains
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Boats and Streams
5 Strategies to Maximize Your Marks in RBI Assistant Prelims
Be clear with your fundamentals: For attempting the questions of numerical aptitude, your fundamental concepts should be clear, and you should be fast in your calculations. You will be able to solve the application based questions only if your basics are clear. Only then will you be able to apply the concept in these application-based questions and quickly solve these questions.
- Make use of shortcuts to boost your speed: You need to memorize all the squares till 50, and cubes till 30. Doing so will help you in performing the calculations quickly. You can write them down and paste them on the wall facing your study table so that you can go through them whenever you are sitting for a study session. If you read them frequently, you can memorize the squares and roots effortlessly.
- Start with the basics and then proceed to the advanced: You should read all the questions of the paper in one go, and segregate the questions into easy, moderate and difficult. Start the paper by attempting such questions in which you are most confident. Then, move on to the moderate ones, and only if you have time in your hand, you should try attempting the difficult ones.
- Attempting question sets helps in boosting your overall score: Rather than targeting the single questions, you should go for questions which are asked in a set of 5 questions, such as data interpretation questions. The advantage of attempting such questions is that aspirants only have to read the data once and after that, they can quickly solve the 5 questions in one go.
- Time management is a must: Keep it in mind that all the questions of quantitative aptitude should not be attempted as in a hurry to attempt all the questions, you might end up marking the incorrect answer and end up losing marks. So, you must identify the doable questions and solve each question in a maximum of 45 seconds.
5 Tips to Ace Numerical Ability for RBI Assistant Prelims 2019
List of Books for Preparing the Numerical Aptitude of RBI Assistant
Kiran’s Textbook of Quickest Mathematics: This book will help you in strengthening your fundamental concepts of Mathematics. By utilising this book, you will be able to skip the traditional methods of solving questions and use shortcut tips and tricks for solving questions.
- Fast Track Objective Mathematics by Rajesh Verma: This book covers all the important concepts of Mathematics topic-wise. At the end of each chapter, solutions are offered, which help in easy understanding.
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N.K.Singh: This book is a storehouse of important formulae and solved examples. The solved examples teach aspirants the approach of problem-solving. This book also has many unsolved questions for the practice of the aspirants.
It is agreed that RBI Assistant is indeed a tough examination for which the competition is humongous, but if you are well prepared, you can easily crack the examination. If you are dedicated to the preparation of this exam and follow a detailed strategy, RBI Assistant 2019 can be cleared in the first attempt itself.